About Us

First settled in the 1770s, Clinton Township was formed in December 1825 and named after the creator of the Erie Canal and New York Governor, DeWitt Clinton.  The region was known as the Black Hole Valley, a land with beautiful vistas, rich farmland, and hearty settlers who made it their home. 

Over the past two centuries, the township has maintained a tradition for solid family values, appreciation for nature and the environment, a growing and prosperous economy, and safe neighborhoods.